Wednesday 6 January 2010

The curse of Nelly Furtado

It sounds like a herd of bisson are charging away from a landslide. It looks like Matt Lucus in a wig having a coronary. It's me on the treadmill.

So why? Why? Do i have the song Maneater by Nelly Furtado on repeat when i do it?
(If you're unfamiliar with this melodic masterpiece, it starts like so...
Everybody look at me, me I walk in the door you start screaming Come on everybody what chu here for? Move your body around like a nympho)

I always saw myself as a nice folk musicy sort of a girl. But when i'm on the treadmill with Nelly I become badass....and kickass....and it's scary...but more-ish at the same time.... like, when you were little, leaning back on your chair when your mum told you not to ....or now you're grown up doing tequila shots in the early hours when you have work in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment